Typically when Mercury is in retrograde our communications are usually jumbled and can be very convoluted. What I am finding currently, however is a sense of calm and clarity in my personal communications. Maybe it is because what I am currently working on communicating has been in the “works” for some time, I am really not sure. I have had a few candid conversations (in the last few days) that I have walked away from feeling very good about what I said, and how I said it. What I mean by that is I have felt that my points were both expressed and heard, which is not always the case.
I think the key thing to remember is if you honor the truth and respond with your own truth the messages can be heard, regardless of the planetary alignment.
For more information on Mercury in retrograde and the overall current energetic climate check out this months forecast at The Power Path http://www.thepowerpath.com/index.php/power-path-home/the-power-path/monthly-forecast/495-november-forecast-2012 They offers a lot of insight as to what to look out for as well as what we can expect.
I know am still learning how to effectively communicate, we all are. It is a constant lesson that we all have to practice to keep it in tune. I used to think that all I needed to do was to communicate with others the way I like to be communicated to, and in doing so all would be good. I do not believe this any longer. We are all unique and we need to remember that it isn’t as easy as doing onto others as we would have done onto ourselves. This is a great start…but that is all it is, a start. This should be a default, the mere beginning of how we communicate with others. It should be a “core” fundamental method of communication as a human being. From this basic form we should be listening well enough to the people in our lives to understand how they communicate what works best for them, and mirror that. We should never force someone to communicate the way we do, especially if that is not effective for them. What makes your way better, or more effective. Just because it works for you does not mean it will work for others. Granted…it is a start. Because if you look at it from our personal perspective we will more often than not be intending that communication from a positive standpoint.
Here are some keys things to keep in mind when practicing effective communication:
- Always communicate from your heart center.
- When you communicate from your truth (not someone elses), love and compassion shine through.
- Leave your ego behind. This is VERY hard for MANY of us!
- Practice communicating to express your point, not make your point. There is a big difference in delivery and reception of the information (think about it).
- In heated moments of communication, slow down…take a breath and re-center yourself. It is easy to get caught up in proving or making a point. This also goes back to #4.
- Last but not least, think before you speak. Sometimes what we think needs to be said…doesn’t. Often times it is just our ego flexing its muscles. You can even try reversing the comment on yourself, how does it sound or feel…and remember to go back to #1.
I know these things seem really basic, and they are. However; these basics can really make the difference in how your message is both delivered and received.