Sometimes I wonder where I am…Who I am…Do I fit in…
The truth is the only question that matters is “who am I” the others don’t matter. The others just cause us sadness when we dwell or try to fit in. The strength needed for us to realize that all we need is to be who we were meant to be, is enormous for most.
So often we spend such a large part, if not our whole life worrying about trying to fit in that we forget to live and be who we are or were meant to be. I keep getting the message that it is time to stop conforming to a mold that is outdated. We need to refocus our intentions to living our life, not narrating it or analysing it…living it.
Make the necessary changes needed to open yourself up. I have been periodically listening to YouTube videos on Abraham Hicks… I am really loving the message. The are so…simple. yet we so often over look or miss them. This is one I listened to today.
I woke up this morning not wanting to really get up (this happens most days LOL! ) today it was for a different reason. I was having the most peculiar dream. I got up and dismissed it… went about my day feeling slightly off. Being extra aware of not really “fitting” in, yes…we all feel this way at times. But as the day progressed and after listening to the Abraham Hicks video, I was at lunch talking to a friend when my dream hit me again.
I realized I needed to take a longer look at it. This is what I dreamt last night.
I had the most interesting dream last night.
I dreamt I was riding this horse through the woods…up and down a mountainous terrain. It was beautiful yet there was a reason for the ride. It felt like a hunt.
I had others with me, and I recall talking with them but I do not remember what was said. We agreed on something, then I dug my heels into my horse (so I thought it was a horse) and took off in a direction on my own. I remember getting tired of the journey and resting my head on my horses main (again…so I thought). this is when I noticed that the main was not like that of a normal horse. It was soft and fur like, fluffy and so very comfortable. My hands sunk into the sandy colored mounds of fluffy fur. I then, opened my eyes and saw that I was not holding on or riding what I thought to be a giant magnificent horse, but a mighty lion. Larger than any lion I had ever seen before.
I found my self extremely comforted, not at all afraid as one might think you would be on the back of a mighty lion. I dug my hands and arms in deeper and rested my head in his main. I felt comfortable, and deeply tired. It felt safe. I remember riding off…seeing myself holding on to this beautiful majestic creature,my larger than life lion…confidently and full of love. We belonged together.
This was my dream…
All afternoon I kept thinking about this dream…this lion, and how comfortable I felt. I went on a mission of needing to know what it meant. I began looking up dream symbolism and found many things that really seemed to make sense… I was actually surprised to have found something that actually said ” To ride one, denotes courage and persistency in surmounting difficulties” this seemed to really click. I kept searching… I went to one of my favorite sites Whats your Sign and found this.
When the lion comes to us it is a sign for us to step into our natural birthright of power. Each of us is born powerful and divine. The lion reminds us of this.
Other messages the lion shares with us:
- Hold your head high even in times of conflict conduct yourself with dignity
- Stand tall, remember your birthright of power
- Perhaps its time to show your authority (not in a dominating way) but lead others with a loving heart
- It may be time to defend something that is dear to your heart defend it fiercely if you must.
- Have courage, have faith.
While I kept searching for the answer to my dream I knew inside that the real answer always lies within us. I chuckled at myself and decided to break my dream down. It began to make som much sense. So to save you the time I ran myself through… I thought I would share the steps that I (eventually) run myself through that REALLY always helps me understand its meaning.
To really figure out your dream try following these simple steps:
- To start…write it out. Jot down as much detail as you can.
- Now begin to disect it if you remember enough of it, in halve, thirds fourths…what ever you need based on its legnth.
- Ask yourself how you felt about an event, or encounter.
- What reaction does it invoke with in you?
- Does it prompt you to think of something else in your life unrelated to the dream?
- Who or what does it remind you of.
- If none of these help… try explaining your dream out loud to someone (who will listen) and explain it to them as if they were an alien from another planet and you had to really explain in detatil the simplist things in the dream. This will sometimes help to break down the drama or wow factor of the dream and help you see it from a very basic perspective.
- Then as I did…you can look it up on the internet and see what you find (you would be amazed at what is out there) the thing is with the internet…like I said earlier. Your dreams are just that…yours. Your symbolism is not going to be the same and mine or your neighbors or even your best friends. We are all unique in that we carry attachments to many things in many different ways.
The big message here is our dreams carry custamized messages big, small and everything inbetween for us to learn from or be reminded of. Even when they seem to make no sense at all there is something to it. It is not just the stuff you ate before bed! Learning how to decode your own symbolism is the best way to figure out your message.
So tap in… keep a dream log. Listen and see what you learn. Just maybe you will be awaken to the you, you left behind. The person that you have been trying to make fit in.
When you close your eyes tonight… ask for a message, an answer… see what you get. Remember, it takes practice for some to get back in touch with our subconscious…
Here is the first video in our new series… On line classes are coming soon!!! Please check it out and let me know what you think!!! Would love your feedback.